Tofu Poke Bowl - Recipe
Tofu Poke (serves one)
Pronounced POH-keh, this dish originally came from Hawaii and has become widly popular in 2017. Check out the recipe from inamo's Executive Chef, Jon Claro, for delicious tofu poke. Feel free to add any ingredients you like - use your creativity!
- 3 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp mirin
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Toast the white sesame seeds in an empty non-stick frying pan over a gentle heat, then cool.
- Add the cooled sesame seeds with the remaining dressing ingredients into a blender, and blend for 2 minutes until smooth.
- 80g firm tofu, chopped into 1cm squares
- 25g cucumber
- 25g avocado
- 30g cherry tomatoes
- 25g edamame beans (peeled and frozen is fine)
- 15g baby spinach
- 15g rocket mixed leaf salad
- mustard cress & red amaranth (optional if you can find this) to garnish
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
- 30ml goma sauce/dressing
- Prepare the tofu by sprinkling with salt & pepper. Leave to drain in a colander whilst you get on with steps 2 & 3.
- Blanche the edamame beans in boiling water for 2 minutes, until tender (but not too soft). Once cooked put to one side to cool.
- Prepare the salad ingredients by washing, then drying in a colander.
- Mix the drained tofu with 1/3 of the Goma dressing and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place the dried spinach and rocket mixed leaf salad into a bowl.
- Slice the avocado and cucumber into cubes, halve the cherry tomatoes, and add them, along with the cooled edamame beans to the bowl.
- Mix all the salad ingredients together and drizzle with the remaining Goma dressing.
- Top the salad with the marinated tofu and the mustard cress & amaranth (if using).